Advantages of Dental Crowns
By Damien Armstrong on July 10, 2013
The teeth are one of our most important features. Not only do they directly affect the appearance of our smile, which many describe as the most important physical feature, but they also serve a vital role in our oral functions and our oral health. Unfortunately, the teeth can easily be damaged or destroyed by health problems or physical trauma. Even with proper oral health care, plaque can build up and cause damage to the natural structure of the tooth. Teeth are also vulnerable to injury during athletics and physical activities. Injuries to the teeth or mouth are common among athletes. The good news is, that while the teeth can be easily damaged, they can also be repaired. Cosmetic dentist Damien Armstrong offers Chattanooga patients dental crowns treatment when injury or decay has compromised the strength or function of the tooth.
Dental Crowns Treatment
Dr. Armstrong offers dental crowns treatment for a wide variety of dental problems. Porcelain crowns encase a damaged tooth after it has been cleaned of damage or decay. The porcelain crown provides strength to the tooth by replacing lost tooth enamel and protecting the tooth by sealing it off, making it difficult for bacteria to enter the tooth and cause decay or infection. Because dental crowns are able to restore strength, function, and aesthetics, they are ideal for treatment of any of the following:
- A tooth with advanced tooth decay
- A tooth that has suffered physical trauma
- A tooth that has undergone root canal therapy
- A tooth that has severe cosmetic flaws
- A missing tooth
Benefits of Dental Crowns
One of the benefits of dental crowns is their versatility. Under a wide range of circumstances, dental crowns can repair and restore a damaged or flawed tooth. When a porcelain crown has been placed, patients will experience a number of benefits, including:
- Improved aesthetics, including improved tooth color, shape, and size
- Improved oral function, including greater comfort chewing, eating, and speaking
- Added protection against tooth decay and damage
- Resistance to stains and discoloration
- Elimination of pain, discomfort, or sensitivity due to injury or decay
- Durability and confidence knowing that dental crowns treatment should last between five and 10 years
- A greater sense of confidence knowing that oral health and the appearance of the smile has been improved by dental crowns treatment
The aesthetic and health benefits of dental crowns are overwhelming. Whether the teeth are in need of treatment because of tooth decay, injury, or cosmetic flaws, dental crowns offer the restoration patients need to improve oral health and bring back function and comfort.
Schedule an Appointment
If you have experienced pain, discomfort, or embarrassment as a result of tooth injury or decay, schedule an appointment with Dr. Damien Armstrong to discuss dental crowns treatment. Dental crowns restore the tooth to its natural state of health and beauty, giving patients a renewed sense of comfort and confidence.
Related to This
"Dr. Armstrong is absolutely the best dentist I have ever been to! He is very gentle and thorough. I have been very unhappy with my teeth for a long time and he was able to to fix every concern I had. This is a Dentist that cares!"Melissa R.